Position: Program Manager
Department: MISSION DELIVERY
Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: NYC preferred (Headquarters), remote possible
Start Date: Jan 1, 2020
Based in New York City with staff across the United States and a national volunteer corps, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young adults diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so young adults feel supported, empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives.
The Program Manager helps advance YSC’s impact areas in the community through innovative and strategic mission delivery and engagement in YSC’s programmatic and research initiatives.
The Program Manager is responsible for three primary areas: 1) program management and support for YSC’s overall mission delivery activities, including the YSC Conference Program 2) oversight of research-related activities and inquiries and 3) evaluation and analysis of program initiatives.
The Program Manager’s responsibilities include:
Playing a key role in planning, implementing and evaluating YSC’s Conference program. Includes, but not limited to:
- Identifying conference agenda, topics and speakers
- Managing conference speaker application submissions
- Assisting in the management of all content-related activities for YSC conferences, as well as ongoing logistical work as needed
- Working cross-departmentally on conference promotion, data collection and reporting
- Creating and analyzing all conference evaluations, crafting summary reports and utilizing key findings for future conference planning
Managing educational programming for the key populations served by YSC:
- Assisting in development and management of educational and supportive programs
- Leading YSC’s translation initiatives, including project management, development of strategy and management of the relationship and communication with external translator(s)
- Ensuring YSC’s diversity and inclusion aims are applied across all programmatic activities
- Helping to vet research requests from advocates, researchers, nonprofit and industry partners, as well as managing follow-up with internal and external parties
- Staying up-to-date on studies, statistics and other data relevant to the population of young adults affected by breast cancer; making recommendations as appropriate to apply findings in YSC materials and resources
- Supporting other departments as scientific/research data/information is needed
Evaluation: Serving as department lead for all data collection and analysis activities:
- Acting as team point person to ensure the Mission Delivery department is maintaining accurate measure of metrics, data and reports
- Coordinating and providing critical analysis and evaluation of program initiatives through development and implementation of surveys, data analysis and summary reports
- Providing essential data for grant applications and reports
- Serving as co-staff lead of 1-2 Council of Advisors’ groups
- Representing YSC on external committees/advisory boards
- Representing YSC at external conferences as needed
- Helping manage departmental interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Substantial experience in programs and evaluation, ideally with some experience in cancer
- College degree; preference for an advanced/master’s degree in a relevant area
- Background in science and research of cancer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; critical analysis skills
- Oriented to initiative and innovation
- Project management, planning and organization skills; team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism and diplomacy
How to Apply
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Young Survival Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.