Operations Associate, Development
Title: Operations Associate, Development
Location: New York City
Reports to: Associate Director of Finance & Operations
Start Date: June 17, 2019
Based in New York City with staff across the United States and a national volunteer corps, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young adults diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives.
YSC seeks an exceptional professional to join our team as an Operations Associate to oversee and manage its fundraising and donor database and related operations systems. The Operations Associate is responsible for all data entry functions and supports all aspects of the organization’s development department. The Operations Associate is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of donor data, ensuring a timely and effective donor acknowledgment process and developing effective reporting strategies.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional communication and time management skills and be genuinely committed to the mission of YSC. This position presents an excellent opportunity for exposure in a growing organization as well as experience with several industry-standard software products, including Salesforce and Rallybound.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence. Update acknowledgement language and create customization as necessary
- Quick, accurate, and timely gift batch entry including event, tribute and memorial gifts
- Maintenance of Salesforce database, including updating and correcting database records
- Prepare weekly gift reports for the Development Department and generate queries, lists and reports on an ad-hoc basis as requested
- Enter contact notes and opportunity actions including matching gift requests and invoices sent
- Track, verify and manage matching gifts and outstanding pledges
- Produce reconciliation queries/reports, comparative, monthly and year-end reports
- Assist with coordination of logistics for YSC events and development activities and assist with projects on an as-needed basis
- Assist with mailings
- Invoice, track, and follow-up with corporate and pharmaceutical pledges
- Meet weekly with Associate Director of Finance and Operations to discuss relevant projects and troubleshoot operational issues
- Maintain clear responsibilities and tasks in Asana
- Organize and send batched donations and operational deposits to our accounting firm weekly
- Respond to donor inquiries by email and phone and manage donations inbox
- Prepare and submit applications to federal fundraising campaigns
- Assist with collecting and preparing documentation before and during annual audit
- Coordinate regular payment of sales tax collected from YSC merchandise sales
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate college degree is preferred.
- Proven experience and success in database management & membership systems
- Ideal candidate should have at least 1-2 years of experience in the nonprofit setting
- Preference given to candidates with experience working with Salesforce, Pardot, RallyBound, Form Assembly, or similar.
- Ability to proactively manage, produce and analyze reports
- Customer service orientation with professional and positive attitude
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, flexible and able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Eager to offer new ideas for process improvements.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, resourceful and able to learn quickly
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented team player with a strong work ethic, who is willing and able to multi-task and does what it takes to get the job done
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Access), and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in working for an organization that is mission driven
How to Apply
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Young Survival Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Associate, Development” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.