Manager of Community Support
Position: Manager of Community Support
Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
About Young Survival Coalition:
Established in 1998, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) strengthens the community, addresses the unique needs, amplifies the voice and improves the quality of life of young adults affected by breast cancer, locally, nationally and internationally. YSC is a 100% virtual organization with staff located across the country. For more information visit www.youngsurvival.org.
This is a unique opportunity to join a collaborative team within a global nonprofit that exists to serve young adults affected by breast cancer.
The Manager of Community Support is a social worker/health educator who leads the creation, implementation and evaluation of YSC initiatives aimed at supporting the young adult breast cancer community of survivors, meta-thrivers and co-survivors (caregivers). This position partners closely with all work area leaders.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Speak/communicate with young adult breast cancer patients, survivors and co-survivors (caregivers) to provide psychosocial support, information, resources and referrals.
- Program management of YSC’s Virtual Hangout series, peer mentor matching and web-based psychosocial support services.
- Ensure supportive initiatives are meeting the unique needs of YSC’s diverse constituency at any stage of diagnosis and at any point in the journey of a young adult with breast cancer.
- Identify and suggest program innovation and efficiencies throughout support programs including building and managing relationships, engaging relevant collaborators and working with volunteers to benefit the development and implementation of services supporting YSC’s community and ensure efficient and effective utilization of YSC’s resources.
- Work collaboratively to build/use mechanisms to measure engagement in YSC’s support services.
Secondary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with all YSC work area leaders to move planned projects through implementation and evaluation.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Work on special projects as needed and assigned.
This position requires a strategic, results-driven professional with a proven track record of developing, implementing and measuring support services for vulnerable populations. Must be a creative, innovative thinker who can bring a strong empathetic sensibility to work effectively in a highly-collegial and collaborative environment.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in Social Work or similar degree; LSW preferred
- 3+ years’ related experience working in a patient-facing nonprofit or healthcare setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of best practices in the areas of understanding and meeting support needs of the young, diverse cancer community.
- Strong writing, time management and organizational skills, including ability manage a workload with possible conflicting priorities.
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions in-line with business objectives; meet challenges with resourcefulness; a solutions oriented approach.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment, requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity, commitment, adaptability, communication, initiative and follow-through.
How to Apply
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000 depending on geographic location and years of experience. Young Survival Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: HR@youngsurvival.org with “Manager of Community Support” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Applications without salary requirements in their cover letter will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.