Development Events Associate
Position: Development Events Associate
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Start date: July 1
Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is a recognized leader in the breast cancer and young adult cancer communities, focusing on the critical issues unique to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives.
YSC offers competitive salary and provides excellent benefits including fully paid healthcare coverage and generous paid time off.
Our Team: YSC employees consist of a diverse team of smart, dedicated employees who care deeply about our mission. We are a staff of almost 30 who work hard, have fun and care about each other. We offer a casual work environment and flexibility.
YSC seeks an exceptional professional to join our team as a Development Events Associate . The Events Associate will report to the Senior Manager of Development and play a key role in planning, implementing and managing YSC’s signature multi-day cycling event, Tour de Pink. The Events Associate will also assist with other development activities, including managing third party fundraising events and other peer-to-peer fundraising programs. It is a great opportunity for an ambitious and capable individual to join YSC and make a significant impact on the future of a growing organization. This position will be based in YSC’s Atlanta office.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Qualified candidates should have good customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, be comfortable using social media platforms, and ideally will have experience in fundraising events - recruiting, managing and influencing participants to exceed fundraising goals. Candidates should be extremely goal-oriented and highly organized with proven fundraising event management skills. Additionally, he/she should have superior communication and time management skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure.
- Execute and manage the day-to-day operations of Tour de Pink events, under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Development
- Develop participant recruitment, communications and engagement strategies and build strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants, sponsors and donors
- Provide technical and fundraising support to event participants
- Develop, manage and maintain social media strategies for Tour de Pink events
- Create and manage timelines, goals, objectives, follow-up and evaluation for events
- Manage Tour de Pink volunteers and assist production company with various event logistics
- Seek in-kind donations and prepare fundraising progress report
- Recruit and retain corporate teams to participate in Tour de Pink
- Supervise and provide customer service for other YSC third party events
- Develop and manage third party event donor recruitment, engagement and retention strategy
- Manage event database and provide support to event participants
- 2+ years of professional experience in nonprofit development, event experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional time management, project management and organizational skills
- Experience with online fundraising software
- Customer service orientation with professional and positive attitude and ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies both within and outside the organization
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, resourceful and able to learn quickly
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented team player with a strong work ethic, who is willing and able to multi-task and does what it takes to get the job done
- Enthusiastic, goal-oriented and committed to excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Salesforce experience a plus
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Available to travel occasionally and work occasional evening and weekend hours
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Development Events Associate” and your name in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Thank you for your interest.