|Senior Communications Manager|
Established in 1998, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers free resources, connections and educational materials so young women with breast cancer feel supported, empowered and hopeful. Through action, advocacy and awareness, YSC seeks to educate and influence the medical, research and legislative communities to address the disease in young women and ensure that no young woman faces breast cancer alone.
View or download our Electonic Press Kit.
In the News
Dating as a Young
Breast Cancer Survivor
|Girl, Interrupted||Too Young To Have
- What Goes Around Comes Around: Kindness Matters, so Pass It On (Dignity Health, November 2015)
- How Cycling Helped 3 Women Fight Breast Cancer (Bicycling.com, October 2015)
- Fighting breast cancer, one dollar at a time (The Journal News, October 2015)
- Meet: Felicity Palma (L.A. Lady Magazine, October 2015)
- Young women battling breast cancer with friends (88Nine Radio Milwaukee, October 2015)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Plagued By Controversy (ThinkProgress, October 2015)
- Tour de Pink race ends in Encinitas (FOX5, October 2015)
- Two weekend events support breast cancer (CBS8.com, October 2015)
- Sam Smith Set To Play 'We Can Survive' Benefit Concert Tonight (South Carolina SC, October 2015)
- Breast cancer survivors react to American Cancer Society recommendations (local10.com, October 2015)
- Bicycle tour to raise funds for women with breast cancer (Ventura County Star, October 2015)
- Daily Greens Announces its Support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BevNET, October 2015)
- The Weeknd, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato and more to raise breast cancer awareness at the annual 'We Can Survive' benefit (The Orange County Register, October 2015)
- Group helps young women who are facing breast cancer (gettysburgtimes.com, October 2015)
- Ford Warriors in Pink gives 100 percent of net proceeds to support breast cancer (examinor.com, October 2015)
- 12th Annual Tour de Pink rides again (philly.com, October 2015)
- A Young Woman’s Guide to Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer (Curve, October 2015)
- Philly lingerie maker competes for free Super Bowl ad (PhillyVoice, October 2015)
- Meet 5 Breast Cancer Survivors Helping Other Women Fight the Disease (Glamour Magazine, September 2015)
- #CancerCantStopMe: Inspiring Stories From Women Who’ve Faced Cancer (SELF Magazine, September 2015)
- Lakelands Supports Breast Cancer Survivor’s Fundraising Effort (The Town Courier, September 2015)
- Young Breast Cancer Patients Avoiding Tamoxifen Because of Fertility Concerns (Healthline.com, August 2015)
- Cancer at a Young Age: The Club No One Wants to Join (WomensHealth.com, August 2015)
- Members continue their winning streak at annual Congressional Softball Game (The Washington Post, June 2015)
- Congress Beats the Press in Annual Softball Game (Roll Call, June 2015)
- NY1 Covers the Congressional Women's Softball Game (NY1, June 2015)
- Is the ‘Hold A Coke With Your Boobs’ challenge actually helping breast cancer awareness? (PIX11, June 2015)
- Young cancer survivors offer each other support (SaukValley.com, June 2015)
- How and Why Everyone Needs to Support LGBTQQ Young Adults Who Are Living with Cancer (Huffington Post, May 2015)
- This Week On FM Magazine: The Young Survival Coalition (Fresh 102.7 FM, May 2015)
- YSC: The Sisterhood for Young Women With Breast Cancer (Huffington Post, April 2015)
- Young breast cancer survivors offer each other support and advice from their stage of life (JournalStar, April 2015)
To view press releases, please visit our Press Releases page.
Statements & Position Papers
As the foremost organization serving young women affected by breast cancer, YSC is dedicated to addressing the issues and concerns of the women we serve. Using sound scientific data, YSC has published a series of position papers on issues such as ultrasound recommendations, mammography guidelines, the Breast Cancer Early Act, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Breast Self-Exams (BSEs). View all YSC Statements here.
Young Survival Coalition is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Our Annual Report and audited financial statements are available on our Financial Information page.
YSC’s community of support welcomes members from the corporate world. Our Partners and Sponsors help make programs, resources and outreach available to young women who really need them.