What are the symptoms of IBC?
- Rapid, unusual increase in breast size
- Redness, rash, blotchiness or other skin color changes on the breast
- Persistent itching of breast or nipple
- Lump or thickening of breast tissue
- Stabbing pain and/or soreness of breast
- Feverish breast
- Swelling of lymph nodes under the arm or above the collar bone
- Dimpling or ridging of breast
- Flattening or retracting of nipple
- Nipple discharge or change in pigmented area around nipple
Although the above symptoms may indicate a benign breast disorder, any change to your breast(s) should be reported to your healthcare professional immediately. In addition, these symptoms may appear quickly and suddenly.