|Director of Marketing|
Established in 1998, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers free resources, connections and educational materials so young women with breast cancer feel supported, empowered and hopeful. Through action, advocacy and awareness, YSC seeks to educate and influence the medical, research and legislative communities to address the disease in young women and ensure that no young woman faces breast cancer alone.
In the News
|Girl, Interrupted||Too Young To Have
- Could Crowdsourcing for a Cure Be a Breast Cancer Game Changer? (Parade.com, October 2013)
- Katy Perry and Friends Fight Breast Cancer (RollingStone.com, October 2013)
- Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding & More Bring Pop Fun & a Good Cause to We Can Survive Show (October 2013)
- Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q Brings Back Pink Cups for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Raises Funds for YSC (October 2013)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Joins the Fight During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Proceeds Benefit YSC (October 2013)
- Announcing Katy Perry’s "We Can Survive" Hollywood Bowl Charity Show (September 2013)
- Girl, Interrupted (Vogue, October 2013)
- Too Young To Have Breast Cancer (O, The Oprah Magazine, October 2013)
- The Real Deal on Young Women and Breast Cancer (Glamour, October 2013)
- Find the Right Words (SELF Magazine, October 2013)
- Sisters Act (Allure, October 2013)
- Uber To Partner with Congressional Women’s Softball Game (May 2013)
- McDonald’s To Be Lead Partner of Congressional Women’s Softball Game for 3rd Consecutive Year (May 2013)
- Two Months Prior to First Pitch, Teams Begin Practice for 5th Annual Women’s Congressional Softball Game (April 2013)
- YSC CEO Jennifer Merschdorf Participates in Breast Cancer Panel Hosted by Rep. Wasserman Schultz (March 2013)
- Liv/giant Announce Avail Inspire Design Contest Winner — YSC Constituent and Young Survivor Barb Greenlee (April 8, 2013)
- Bill Introduced to Reauthorize the Breast Health Education and Awareness Requires Learning Young Act (EARLY) — July 25, 2014
- New Conferences to Address Unique Needs of Young Women with Breast Cancer — May 29, 2014
- Registration Opens for 14th Annual C4YW — November 6, 2013
- Breast Cancer Powerhouses Announce Groundbreaking Collaboration To Document the ‘Collateral Damage’ of Breast Cancer Treatment — September 30, 2013
- Young Survival Coalition Opens Registration for 2013 YSC Tour de Pink® Bike Rides — April 29, 2013
- Young Survival Coalition To Honor Founding Members at May 17 Gala In NYC — April 23, 2013
- Middletown Breast Cancer Survivor, Lori Atkinson, Appointed Chief Engagement Officer for Young Survival Coalition — March 18, 2013
- Pepsico Senior Executive Joins Board of Directors of Young Survival Coalition — January 17, 2013
- Young Survival Coalition Releases Post-Treatment Navigator — December 10, 2012
- Breast Cancer Nonprofits Announce Conference Dates for Largest International Gathering of Young Women — November 03, 2012
To view press releases from previous years, please visit our Press Releases page.
Statements & Position Papers
As the foremost organization serving young women affected by breast cancer, YSC is dedicated to addressing the issues and concerns of the women we serve. Using sound scientific data, YSC has published a series of position papers on issues such as ultrasound recommendations, mammography guidelines, the Breast Cancer Early Act, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Breast Self-Exams (BSEs). View all YSC Statements here.
Young Survival Coalition is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Our Annual Report and audited financial statements are available on our Financial Information page.
YSC’s community of support welcomes members from the corporate world. Our Partners and Sponsors help make programs, resources and outreach available to young women who really need them.