Questions to Ask
- What are my treatment options for my stage of pregnancy/stage of cancer?
- Is there a risk to my baby because of these treatments?
- Can I delay treatment until after the birth? Why or why not?
- What is the likelihood that my cancer will advance with delayed treatment?
- When can I get pregnant after treatment?
- Am I a candidate for in vitro fertilization?
- Can I breastfeed my baby?
- Can you recommend a genetic counselor?
More and more research is being done every year on the subject of breast cancer and pregnancy with the hope that soon women will have more options open to them. You can find some of the more recent studies in the Published Research section of our website, and we encourage women to keep up to date with all new studies and innovations occurring in this field.
You may also want to visit the following websites for more information:
Hereditary Breast Cancer and Genetic Testing (FAQs on this topic created together with FORCE)