Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. YSC offers resources, connections and outreach so women feel supported, empowered and hopeful.
Position: Creative Design Contractor
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Marketing Director
Status: Contract Basis
Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women and breast cancer. YSC works with survivors, caregivers and the medical, research, advocacy and legislative communities to increase the quality and quantity of life for women diagnosed with breast cancer ages 40 and under.
YSC offers resources, connections and support so women feel empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives. We believe no woman under 40 should be left to face breast cancer alone. For more information visit: www.youngsurvival.org.
YSC seeks highly creative and innovative designers to assist the Marketing team in developing strong brand and creative for YSC programs and campaigns. Build your resume and portfolio with experience in a fast paced, creative and meaningful environment. The qualified candidate must be well experienced using Photoshop and Illustrator. The projects available are on a contract basis with a desire to build a long-term relationship. The candidate will work from home or at the YSC office if space is available. Designer must have their own computer and current software. This position requires a creative, committed, compassionate and innovative professional to work with the marketing department as we support the mission of the organization through all communication channels.
Graphic Designer Consultant Responsibilities:
- Working with the marketing department to bring YSC’s brand and vision to life in all communications vehicles and touch points.
- Utilizing current branding guidelines, the design candidate will help ensure YSC is appealing to current survivors as well as future survivors by keeping the brand fresh and relevant.
- Creating designs for new programs and refreshing current program materials to include: brochures, large event branding, resource kits, merchandise and web site designs to help promote programs.
- Manage multiple projects at one time, ensuring deadlines are met
- Research competitors and industry trends and keep them in mind with design work
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Programming, Development, Community Engagement and Communications teams.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design
- Minimum of five years’ experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop and knowledge of the best design software available in the market
- Experience working with digital platforms is a must
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High attention to detail/accuracy
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to productively multi-task, manage information and effectively reprioritize as needed
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business needs and priorities
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, flexible, hard-working and able to work independently
- Must have an electronic portfolio to submit for consideration that includes some or all of the following design work: brochures, merchandise, website and large scale event branding.
- Ability to effectively present ideas—both verbally and visually.
- Highly organized in order to meet deadlines and stay within a budget.
- Strong problem solving skills
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications, including payment requirements, a portfolio of work, and stating how you heard about this opportunity by November 15 to:
Young Survival Coalition
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of “Creative Design Contract Opportunity””
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Thank you for your interest.
Position: Salesforce Administrator
Reports to: Director of Technology
Status: Part Time
Location: New York City
Position Overview: We are looking for a Salesforce Administrator to join our technology team. YSC is finishing the final stages of a large scale Salesforce Implementation, and the goal of this position will be maintenance of existing Salesforce components and rollout of Salesforce functionality to the organization. Within the larger scope of Salesforce administration our needs are relatively basic. This position does not require development experience – that has been taken care of by our Salesforce consultant team. The role of this position will be to pick up where our consultants have left off. Although certification as a Salesforce administrator or a previous “Salesforce Administrator” job title would be ideal, it is not required. An individual with several years of heavy Saleforce use with self-taught knowledge of Salesforce administration might be a very strong candidate. This position is part time but highly flexible. Working remotely is possible for extremely well qualified applicants.
- **Fluency In all aspects of Salesforce USE.
- **At least basic knowledge of Salesforce ADMINISTRATION
- Experiencing exporting data from and importing data into Salesforce using Excel spreadsheets
- Experiencing creating and managing custom fields, views, dashboards and other standard Salesforce objects
- Experience defining and managing relationships between Salesforce objects
- Experience creating reports and user dashboards
- Experience using Salesforce based automated communication tools such as ExactTarget
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP (NonProfit Starter Pack)
- Experience integrating Salesforce with websites and financial platforms, or making use of such integrations
- Experience with finance and accounting platforms
Salesforce Administrator Responsibilities:
- Continuing customization
- User maintenance
- Configuration of automated communications tools (ExactTarget)
- Import data from third party online donation platform (DonorDrive)
- Export data from Salesforce to accounting platform (FinancialEdge)
- Manage existing integration with website (Drupal)
- Database de-duping and cleanup
- Development of reports and dashboards
- Ongoing documentation
- Implement training for users
- Keep materials up-to-date
- Advise on future Salesforce customizations and enhancements
- Director of Technology, COO, Development and HR Staff
Compensation: Dependent on Experience and Demonstrated Ability
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. ANY RESUME NOT ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER WILL BE DISCARDED. Please include a short narrative description of your Salesforce experience and the Salesforce environment you used in your cover letter (your role, workflow, what Salesforce Apps you used, way in which Salesforce was used at your organization etc.)
No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest.