Senior Director of Marketing & Communications Position
Department: MARCOM Department
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: New York City, Atlanta, or Indianapolis
Mission: Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women and breast cancer. YSC works with survivors, caregivers and the medical, research, advocacy and legislative communities to increase the quality and quantity of life for women diagnosed with breast cancer ages 40 and under. YSC offers resources, connections and support so women feel empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives. We believe no woman under 40 should be left to face breast cancer alone. For more information visit: www.youngsurvival.org.
Our Team: YSC employees consist of a team of dedicated employees who care deeply about the women we serve. We are a staff of 30 with our national headquarters in New York City and remote offices throughout the United States. We work hard, have fun and care about each other. We offer a casual work environment and great work flexibility.
The Senior Director of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for the management of YSC’s MARCOM department, will be a member of the Senior Management Team, and will be responsible for YSC reaching its annual organizational outreach and engagement programmatic & development goals.
This position will be responsible for developing a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan supporting the current YSC strategic plan that defines: who to reach; with what goal/response desired; with what message; and using what marketing & communications channel. This plan must ensure that all marketing and communication efforts are aligned and integrated throughout the organization. This will include engaging key constituents around issues and opportunities; overseeing the development and dissemination of messages & information that support the mission of YSC; and building on the existing brand.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and execution of an integrated and cohesive marketing and communications plan that spreads throughout the entire organization
- Management of YSC’s communication channels, including but not limited to website, social media, email, physical mail and brochures, to increase engagement with constituents, volunteers and donors
- Developing both strategy & tactics to ensure smooth and effective execution of marketing and communication projects
- Reporting communication analytics to document measurable results of marketing and communications programs and projects
- Being a thought leader in the changing patterns of information and content engagement, survivorship needs and communication
- Partnering closely with the Chief of Programs and Chief of Community Engagement to ensure all “reach” numbers are achieved annually – including but not limited to the annual conference program
- Creation & execution of a strategic marketing and communications plan, in partnership with the development team, to ensure selling out all Tour de Pink bicycle rides every year
- Manage YSC’s reputation with the media by selecting placement with the greatest impact to reach our organization goals
- Partner with volunteer board communication committee engaged to add value and support to this position and its department.
- Ensuring that YSC’s marketing and communication work supports all efforts of the organization and delivers a consistency in voice throughout the organization
- Management of 3-4 person team
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years marketing and communications experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media
- Innovative and strategic thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in creating and executing a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing program to advance an organization's mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on how new media technologies can be utilized relying on strong experience and outcomes in social media marketing and communication
- Excellent judgment, creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution, self- reliant and results oriented
- Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing Board of Directors
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, management and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management while engaging direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Passion for YSC’s mission
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to email@example.com. Please put “Senior Director of Marketing & Communications” and your name in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Thank you for your interest.