Associate Director of Finance & Operations Position
Department: Operations Department
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: New York City
Mission: Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women and breast cancer. YSC works with survivors, caregivers and the medical, research, advocacy and legislative communities to increase the quality and quantity of life for women diagnosed with breast cancer ages 40 and under. YSC offers resources, connections and support so women feel empowered and hopeful during one of the most challenging experiences of their lives. We believe no woman under 40 should be left to face breast cancer alone. For more information visit: www.youngsurvival.org.
Our Team: YSC employees consist of a team of dedicated employees who care deeply about the women we serve. We are a staff of 30 with our national headquarters in New York City and remote offices throughout the United States. We work hard, have fun and care about each other. We offer a casual work environment and great work flexibility.
This position is responsible for managing YSC’s national operations and finances process and procedures. This includes finance, vendors, administrative services, facilities, and distribution.
- OPERATIONS: The position will be responsible for maintain current YSC operations procedures along with identifying & implementing areas of process improvement. This will include but is not limited to technology platforms; financial tools; operation tools; leases & offices management; staff technology & phone contracts; and overall organizational administrative systems.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: The position will be responsible for managing all aspects of YSC’s current financial process & system: including but not limited to: existing staff; monitor cash flow; preparing the annual budget; managing the quarterly reforecasting process; and managing monthly financial reporting to the CEO. This position will also oversee YSC’s annual audit process.
- DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM: The position will be responsible for managing the process for acquiring a new distribution vendor for all YSC mission delivery needs; managing the conversion from YSC’s current system to this new system; and ensuring proper tracking and reporting functionality for all departments.
- Adept at using technology to improve operational processes
- Proven financial & budget management experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Education Requirements
- BA College degree required
- MBA or MS preferred
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Associate Director of Operations & Finance” and your name in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Thank you for your interest.